By: Joseph “The Mad Boxing Genius” Torres
- Condolences to Don King from BoxingIQ.com as his wife Henrietta passed away after a lengthy battle of multiple medical ailments. As always, Don still got things done as he signed off on the venue to host Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander.
- So the Pontiac Silverdome near Detroit will be the venue to host Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander. I gotta say… that’s a little bit of alright!!!
- Many have been quick to crown Nonito Donaire as Manny Pacquiao’s heir apparent. I’ve always thought that some were just a bit sentimental for a lack of a better term because the pound for pound king’s career is in fact starting to come to a close but, after last Saturday, he made his case for the title very, very well.
- What a productive PPV was “In Harm’s Way”. The Nonito Donaire and Humberto Soto wins paves the way for some real great fights for 2011 as Donaire now has a February date with Fernando Montiel and Soto with Brandon Rios.
- Urbano Antillon and Humberto Soto just fought their way into FOY contention don’t you think?
- Did anyone miss Julio Cesar Chavez Jr at the PPV?
- It’s been alleged that Christy Martin’s turmoil started when her husband found out she was leaving him for another woman. Definitely a hit to the old ego but stabbing and shooting is way too far. We here at BoxingIQ.com hope Christy Martin, a pioneer for women’s boxing recovers well and can move on with her life in a positive way.
- I think Larry Merchant’s idea of Saul Alvarez meeting Manny Pacquiao was crazy enough but regardless, I don’t think Alvarez is no where near close to facing the real tippy top guys. He should of stopped N’dou.
- I think this weekend with Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana and GSP vs Koschek from the UFC go head to head, I’m thinking the declining sport of boxing will once again reign supreme. And by the way, the person who made the comment on my girl’s (Rachel Garcia) blog “Rachel’s Rant” saying I hate MMA, I don’t. I just prefer boxing and think that it’s a better sport J Don’t you?