By: Joseph The Mad Boxing Genius Torres
- Tomasz Adamek doesn’t have much of a heavyweight resume. Aside from Chris Arreola he’s fought the likes of Vinnie Maddalone, Michael Grant, Andrew Golota and Jason Estrada. Now handlers for Roy Jones Jr say that he could be next for “Goral”. Boys and girls… this is what we call a manufactured record!
- Jeff Lacy lost to Dhafir Smith who sported a record of 23-19-7 before the fight. I think it’s safe to say that “Left Hook” has nothing left! http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Torres120910.htm
- Did body shots become outlawed during the rest period of the first and second round of the Amir Khan/Marcos Maidana fight? If so Amir Khan kept it to himself and Maidana obviously didn’t get the memo.
- I know a lot of people were impressed with Amir Khan this Saturday and I gotta admit he showed a lot of moxie but at the same time I also saw the difference between talent and experience.
- Victor Ortiz proved to me once again that he’s the B side of the top jr welter’s in the division.
- They should rename Victor Ortiz “Cash Out”!
- Looks like the bantamweight’s really took advantage of the spotlight on Saturday night. It really blows that Canada doesn’t get Showtime but thank goodness for online links – I eventually got to see it.
- The fact that Mike Jones is re-matching Jesus Soto-Karass immediately tells me that Jones learned something from the fight and wants to make it right and that the people behind him really believe in him to throw him back into fight with a man who gave him his toughest test to date.
- I have to say I’m quite satisfied with the Hall of Fame inductees for 2011. I want to see Mike Tyson’s acceptance speech because you know he’ll be talking about Cus D’Amato. And, Cus will be looking down from heaven surrounded by all the great heavyweights and other fighters saying that his boy did it!
- Nacho Beristain got inducted as a trainer right? ‘Cause the IBHOF would be a complete farce if he made it in as a manager.
- Bob Arum wanted to buy out Lou DiBella’s side of the promotion completely in order to match his charge Miguel Cotto against Lou’s guy Sergio Martinez. As a result Lou walked away and good for him! Seriously, we all know Bob is looking to cash Cotto out and that’s good for HIS business but does he have to make it so damn obvious? A good businessman always makes money for his partners. Just ask Hyman Roth!
**Be sure to join The Mad Boxing Genius fanpage on Facebook. Something big is going down at the end of the year for the fans of the page. If you’re a boxing fan you don’t want to miss this! Plus, it’s just a cool place to be if you’re a boxing fan!